The Trans-Canada Highway is now open between Calgary to Canmore and Canmore to Banff to all traffic.
Please note: Driving conditions are not yet back to normal in many areas where the highway is 2 lanes. For the safety of the travelling public, as well as those still working in the area:
• Respect all traffic signs and flag people;
• Obey reduced speed limits as posted;
• Do not pass or stop on any 2 lane sections;
• Be alert for wildlife (wildlife fences are missing in places);
• Prepare for unexpected delays;
• Take Roam public transit between Banff and Canmore or carpool when possible to alleviate expected congestion; and
• No bicycles are allowed on the highway at this time between Canmore and Banff.
All traffic regulations will be strictly enforced. Travel speeds will be reduced and travel times will be greatly increased because of the ongoing restrictions, repairs and construction. Please leave more time for your journey.
CANMORE WEATHER: clear | Current Temperature: -6° C