EMERGENCY SITUATION UPDATE 3
Dear Guest / Residents/Visitors;
It is great to see the sun again! Canmore continues in the recovery mode and areas continue to be affected by flooding and evacuation orders. We would like to update you on our services as well as the latest from Emergency Service Authorities:
(Updated on June 22, 2013 at 9:40am.) From the Town of Canmore:
“ESSENTIAL WATER USE ONLY throughout Canmore. Water for drinking and food prep only. NO showers, laundry, dishwashing, lawn maintenance. Critical that we conserve water use”
There are no commercial food deliveries, therefore restaurant service will still be limited, please check daily (Front Desk “0” or “555”) for service. Lunch and Dinner will be served today (Saturday). The Bar will be open this evening.
The phone, Cable TV and Internet Service is still operational,
Grocery stores in Canmore are well supplied so you can go shopping and prepare your own meals, if you are located in a Bedroom Unit only, please contact our Front Desk and we will attempt to relocate you to a suite
TRAVEL: The Roam bus service between Banff and Canmore will operate again today, Saturday, June 22. The bus is for Banff and Canmore residents stranded in either community, and for people travelling west. The first bus leaves Banff at 10 a.m. at the Banff High School. The first pick up in Canmore is 10:30 a.m. Last bus leaving Banff is 6 p.m. Last bus leaving Canmore is 6:30 p.m.
THE HIGHWAY IS NOT OPEN EASTBOUND. THERE IS NO TRAVEL EAST OF CANMORE. Travellers cannot reach Calgary via Canmore.
Canmore Collegiate departures: 10:30 a.m. 11:30 am 12:30 pm 1:30 pm 2:30 pm 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm. The bus is free of charge. The bus service to continue Sunday and the following days as long as the highway is closed to regular traffic, or highway conditions change. Continue to check banff.ca, roamtransit.com or canmore.ca for updates. (June.
Thank you and please let us know if we can be of service.
AHS Boil Water Orders:
Boil Water Orders are currently in effect for:
· Town of Exshaw (all users of Town of Exshaw Drinking Water Supply)
· Lake Louise Ski Resort
· Town of High River (all users of the Town of High River Drinking Water Supply)
· Harvie Heights Water System in the Municipal District of Big Horn
· Water users east of Cougar Creek in the neighbourhood of Cougar Creek (located in Canmore, AB)
· Water users on Eagle Road and on Catamount Court, in Canmore.
· The Elk Run Industrial area, in Canmore, AB
· The Kananaskis Water System, including Kananaskis Village, Kananaskis Golf Course, Mt. Kidd RV Park and Boundary Ranch
Canmore General Hospital:
· The Emergency Department at Canmore General Hospital is open.
· Local roads surrounding the facility have some access to the site.
· If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 911.
· For non-emergency health advice, and information, call Health Link at 1-866-408-5465.
· All patients at Canmore General Hospital are safe and continue to be cared for at the facility.
· There are staff and supplies in place to support the patients and residents.
· All elective procedures slated for Friday were postponed and will be rescheduled.